Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2nd Grade!

Isabel just called me at work, thrilled, because she got Miss Ridgley for second grade and that's who she wanted. I believe she is a relatively new teacher - this being her second year on the job - so I'm holding hope that her energy level will be high. Teaching is a tough job, especially if done well.

I'm chairing the Staff Appreciation committee for the PTA again this year and am armed with ideas for how to express our thanks to the staff who work with our kids every day. In the process of finding new ideas I came across this idea which I am totally going to steal...

TEACHER GIFT FOR THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Purchase a nice bottle of hand lotion or hand soap (Bath & Body Works has a fabulous selection), put it in a lovely gift bag with a note card that says: If I can give you a hand this year, please don’t hesitate to call me and then include my home and cell numbers. I'm thinking with some cute paper from Michaels, my Cuttlebug & dies, glitter, etc. and Isabel & I can come up with a fabulous note card and gift bag. I'll post a pic when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment