Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

Next week is Teacher Appreciation Week - or in the case of Isabel's school - Staff Appreciation. It's a chance for parents to say thank you to all those who work so hard to ensure that our children have a safe secure environment in which to learn. Isabel has truly enjoyed her time at William Winchester Elementary - aka Willie. During the week the staff are treated to such pleasures as a catered lunch and a gift card to a local restaurant or store.

In addition, Isabel and I put together these fun gifts (inspired by thestampteacher.blogspot.com and skiptomylou.org):
We filled bags with a food treat, a packet of Crystal Light and a quotation. Then tied the bags to a bottle of water and added a cute tag:
Thanks for the MOUNDS of work you do - included a Mounds candy bar
You are EXTRA special - included a pack of Extra gum
We're NUTS about you - included a package of almonds
You are o-FISH-ally one of the best - included a package of Goldfish
Willie SKOR-d big when you joined our team - included a Skor candy bar
The quotation inside the bag said:
The art of teaching consists of helping students feel that although you may stand in front of them you are really behind them.
It took a while - we needed to make 105 treats!


I have a great respect and admiration for those who can teach. We need more fabulous, dedicated and gifted teachers. When Isabel tells me she wants to be a teacher I cheer her on. Teaching is a definitely a gift and I thank God for those who choose to teach.

I can remember every teacher I had through the 6th grade and most of my junior high and senior high teachers. I remember the good and bad. School was (for the most part) a good experience. And Isabel and Nick both look forward to school and I believe it has a lot to with their teachers.

So, next week - or anytime - remember to say thank you to a teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great ideas!! I loved your comments about teachers... it really does take a village to raise our children.

    ReplyDelete