Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brownies

Isabel went to a Brownie meeting on Tuesday and hasn't stopped talking about it yet. She got picked to be the Flag Bearer at the meeting - a treat. Then all of the girls said the Pledge of Allegience followed by the Girl Scout Promise:

On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong,
and responsible for what I say and do,
and to respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place,
and be a sister to every Girl Scout.

The girls then worked together to complete the 'Wave The Flag' Try It. Afterwards, they made brownies, played some games and just talked. A good time for all.

So, it looks like she will officially join the troop! Of course, having one good friend in the troop and another best friend come to the meeting helped make her decision all the easier. The troop has four nice girls plus 2 if Isabel and Casey both join and we are looking forward to our first outing with them on Sunday to Monarch Madness at Bear Branch.

At Monarch Maddess:





No comments:

Post a Comment