Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Fairy??

I read this idea about the Halloween Fairy:
(here are 2 but trust me there are more: notquitecrunchyparent.blogspot.com/2007/09/candy-fairy.html and www.sugarshockblog.com/2007/11/halloween-fairy.html).

Seems some folks think their kids get too much candy on Halloween so they have them leave it out for the Halloween Fairy - all but maybe 5 pieces. In return the Fairy leaves them a small gift. Now, personally, I'm all about the candy on Halloween, that's the point - especially if it's chocolate. And I think my kids would agree but I'm going to raise the question to them and see what they say.

I'm thinking they might be persuaded to trade in some of the candy for a gift or two. But all of it - highly doubtful. We'll see!

And by the way, if you're thinking I just let my kids have all the candy they want - you're right kind of. On Halloween night they can eat all they want. The next day it goes in a box and they get a piece or two every so often. Hubby eats the rest!

Just kidding!

Editor's Note: I just checked with Isabel and Nick on the subject of the Halloween Fairy. Isabel's immediate reply (much to my surprise) was Yes (of course she's hoping the Fairy will leave Paperonis - the number one item on her Christmas list). Nick, on the other hand, replied "No way." That's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment